This wonderfull house is builded 1893-1895 by the rich merchant Miltiades Georgiou.
The library was based first to suport the neds of the famus Pythagorion Gymnasium.
At 1859 the Samian Patriarch of Jerusalem Kyrilos the B´ send some 158 books from his privat collection. Many other donations where follow from privat collections in money or books form.
The library where officialy founted at 1881 and the first Director was Mr Epaminondas Stamatiades.
It is a very rich library with many historical books and documents about Samos.