Followers and daily Friends

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Kokkari Village Samos



Kokkari is on the northen part of the island, ten kilometres distant from the main town. It is located in an area with an abundance of pine and olive trees and vineyards. The name of the village is derived from the large quantities of onions which its fields once produced. Nestling between two small protective headlands that capture the gaze. The most tourist - friendly and picturesque village on Samos. The people are simple, kind and welcoming. There is adudan foliage. The sea is crystal clear. Popular with surfers, because the wind is good. There you can find as well a school for wind surfing. There are several small bars and cafes on the beach at Kokkari, which operate from the morning hours, in order to lift your spirits. Wonderful taverns and fantastic clubs make Kokkari the most lively and happening place on the island. It is probably the outstanding scenery and the good beaches for water sports which attract a large proportion of the visitors to Samos to Kokari.
kokkari

31 comments:

  1. that water looks awfully inviting! Great picture! such a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnifique image , ce paysage est digne d'un casse-tête géant. Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour of the sea just took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the water is so clear. i would like to dip my toes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like paradise to me! Ahhh, the beautiful water and sunny, warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful ocean scene. Fabulous water, a rocky point just the right size for a small inn, boats here and there...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing short of amazing, so beautiful.

    All the best
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could you not relax on this beach?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a gorgeous place. I would love to visit there in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to be floating around in that boat in the beautiful clear water. Then up to the house for a cool drink. I love when a photo paints a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful area. The island and the sea are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely shot, the sea is just waiting to be dived into.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Οι φωτο σου με κάνουν να θέλω να πάω στη Σάμο. Απίθανο νησί!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Πάρα πολύ όμορφη φωτογραφία....
    Πραγματικά σε προκαλεί για ένα ταξίδι....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could so live here!!!

    My Wednesday photo is a BROWN PELICAN at the marina [I also have another photo, by link, of the same pelican that is much better...a close up on my photo blog].

    COME SEE THE BIRD!

    Hope your Wednesday is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This took a long time to load in but it was certainly worth the wait. There's something so vulnerable about that bit of land surrounded by water but it also appears plucky and vibrant with life. Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful color and water. I like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A spectacular image, a beautiful area. Love everything about your photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Such clear waters! I would love to stay in one of those villas for a week or two.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such color!! Very beautiful and I love the clear water:)
    Happy watery wednesday!/Maria

    ReplyDelete
  21. The water looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what an amazing looking place. lucky whoever lives here!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! Just what I need now... :-) I've spent one day in Samos and have not been here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Extraordinary. That's a postcard-perfect photograph. I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wont to be there. Good shot. Thank you for sharing me.
    Visit my site! I have a nice photos from my Bulgaria country!

    ReplyDelete
  26. http://poseidon-kokkari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete