Samos (Greek: Σάμος) is a Greek island in the North Aegeansea A great portion of the island is covered with vineyards, from which the famus Samos wine is made.The capital city is Vathy. The most important plains are that of Pythagorio, in the southeast, Karlovasi in the northwest, and Marathokampos in the southwest. The Samian climate is typically Mediterranean, with mild rainy winters, and warm rainless summers.The largest mountain is the Ampelos massif, which occupies the center of the island and rises to 1,095 metres (3,590 ft). The island's highest point is the summit of the Kerkis range, at 1,434 metres (4,700 ft). Famous Samians : Pythagoras ,Aristarchus of Samos,Polycrates see also this link : http://www.samos.gr/
We support
2nd Antiracist festival of Samos
Pythagorian Academy
Help a Samian Family
Geneleos Group. The group of statues is a votive offering to the Heraion and consists of six figures (five female and one male), one of which (representing Ornithe) is now in Berlin. Dated to 560-540 B.C Lets help the reunion of this acient family !
Skywatch Friday - 1 October 2026 Edition
-
[image: Skywatch] A green space behind out subdivision looking East at a
sunset on a chilly fall morning ten years ago. I stopped and took a photo
out of t...
Theme Thursday for September 29, 2016 - ANTS
-
*ANTS *
*This weeks new theme is ANTS!*
*Tis the season for the ants!*
*Ants, ants, ants, everywhere!*
*Where did all these ants come from?*
*Invasion of...
Watery Wednesday #176
-
Hi guys! I'm sooo sorry I'm late. I've been so busy I don't even know what
day of the week it is. I've got an interesting shot for you this week. I'm
still...
My World Tuesday, Season 3, Episode 44
-
Thou Shall Not Pass
Klaus Peter, 1960-2011
We are sorry to share with all the MyWorld Tuesday and Skywatch Friday
participants news of the passing our...
Please follow the link to Weekend Reflections
-
I've changed Weekend Reflections web address since I no longer live in
Newtown.
Click HERE to go to Weekend Reflections.
Also please remember to update you...
What an awesome experience to have been the photographer there at that moment. Thank you for being there and for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteWoh ! J'adore ces ciels enflammées ! Magnifique !
ReplyDeleteIncredible shot! Such flaming skies and the path across the water! Breathtaking! Glad you were there at the perfect time! Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteSylvia
That is just wonderful, what a brilliant start to the day.
ReplyDeleteA perfect composition!! Incredible shot!!
ReplyDeletePixellicious Photos
How Beautiful!! Love the color!!
ReplyDeleteWell done!
Wow...stunning photo!Great shot!Have a nice weekend!
ReplyDeletethis is exquisite! :)
ReplyDeleteA rare photo indeed, it is seldom one sees all four sun-dogs, let alone can catch and hold the image. Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeletestrong and passionate sky..simply
ReplyDeleteWONDERFUKL
Congrats
graceolsson.com/blog
Great photo...good composition.
ReplyDeleteThat's an incredibly warm shot, and the helicopter makes it perfect. I love the color of the sea on your next post.
ReplyDeleteWow! That is a bright ball of light. Valerie
ReplyDeleteWhat vibrant colors! That must have been one good morning!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous..would be day to be happy I think
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo. Such vibrant colors. Great timing - it adds to the wonderful composition. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteMagnificent! I love the bright golden sky and the helicopter makes it even more interesting. Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteAwesome sunset photo
ReplyDeleteAmazing colors and a beautiful sunset. Great capture! Happy skywatching!
ReplyDelete